I have some 20 years experience of translating and interpreting technical, legal, professional, literary and personal material from Russian/Hebrew into English. I am a certified member of the Society of Translators and Interpreters of British Columbia (STIBC), and an official supplier of translation services to the Federal Gov’t.
Currently I work on a freelance basis. Some of the work I have done to date:
- Regularly translate and certify drivers licenses, certificates, legal, technical and personal material for STIBC and private individuals.
- Court interpretation
- Interpreters and Translators Network of Canada
- Translate legal, technical, and other material
- Official representative of the Tyumen Region (Russian Federation) in Alberta
- Translated business proposals and plans, and interpreted business discussions and meetings (Russian-English)
- Jerusalem Post daily newspaper
- Translated articles, editorials, stories, etc. (Russian/Hebrew-English)
- Jerusalem Institute of Studies of East European Jewry
- Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Translated archive material, studies, reports, etc.
- Rubin Music Academy
- Translated curricula, musicology studies, monthly newsletter.
- The Jerusalem Journalists Pool
- Interpreted for foreign reporters and journalists.
- Books and Poetry
Return: The Spiritual Odyssey of a Soviet Scientist by Herman Branover, Jerusalem 1998.
All About Stress by I. Lein, Jerusalem 1997.
Caged by E. Keis-Kuna, Jerusalem 1994.
Saga of Brezhnev’s Diamonds by L. Gendlin, Jerusalem 1990.
Poems by various Israeli and Russian poets.
General text – $0.10 – 0.16 per word
Technical text – varies depending on the degree of difficulty
Standard document (certified), such as driving license or
marriage certificate – $40
There may be a discount for larger quantities of material
Interpretation – $40 – $50 an hour